Board and Lodge with Special Services
BOARD AND LODGE WITH SPECIAL SERVICES (BLSS)
Horizon Homes, Inc. Board and Lodge with Special Services (BLSS) provides residential services to adults 18 and older with a diagnosis of a serious and persistent mental illness and are in need of mental health services and support.
The Residential Program
- Resident’s may also have dual disorders, such as chemical dependency, traumatic brain injury, diabetes, or other health concerns.
- Two family style residential facilities located close to public transportation, shopping, and other agency providers.
- Therapy cats are located at both facilities.
- All residents of the BLSS facilities are offered/provided Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services (ARMHS).
The Horizon Homes, Inc. BLSS program is designed and intended to provide a full array of treatment and ongoing support services to best meet the individual needs of each client.
- Supervision of independent living skills; including hygiene and basic housekeeping.
- Medication administration and monitoring.
- Assistance with coordination of transportation.
- Assistance with coordination of needed mental health and physical health services.
- Nutritious meals and snacks
- Assistance in accessing community programs for additional support services including ARMHS, Second Step Clubhouse, recovery groups, recreational and leisure activities, and other community services of interest.
- Assistance with obtaining and maintaining financial assistance.
- Assistance with crisis intervention
Referrals are typically made by adult mental health case managers or other providers, however, individuals seeking more information are welcome to contact the BLSS directly.
For more information about BLSS or to make a referral contact:
Kathy Danzer, BLSS Treatment Director
(507) 344-3379, firstname.lastname@example.org
House 1: 306 Byron St., Mankato, MN 56001
House 8: 727 S Broad St., Mankato, MN 56001
If you are experiencing a
life threatening emergency,
please call 911 or seek
The BLSS programs are operated by Horizon Homes, Inc., a well-established local provider of adult mental health services, including housing, treatment, and rehabilitation options.