Home and Community Based Settings and Community Residential Settings
HOME AND COMMUNITY BASED SETTINGS AND
COMMUNITY RESIDENTIAL SETTINGS (HCBS-CRS)
Horizon Homes, Inc. Home and Community Based Services and Community Residential Settings (HCBS-CRS) provides long term residential treatment services to adults 18+ who have a serious and persistent mental illness and are in need of daily mental health services and support.
The Residential Program
- Supervision and support for individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and dual disorders.
- Four family style residential facilities located close to public transportation, shopping, and other agency providers.
- Therapy cats at some facilities.
- Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services (ARMHS) offered/provided to all residents.
- Residents need to qualify for community based waiver, such as CADI or TBI.
- The Horizon Homes, Inc. HCBS-CRS program is designed and intended to provide a full array of treatment and ongoing support services to best meet the individual needs of each client.
- Assistance and supervision of daily independent living skills including household chores and cooking opportunities
- Medication administration, management, and monitoring
- Family-style meals provided
- Coordination of needed mental health and physical health services
- Provide transportation to and from appointments
- Crisis intervention
- In-home support
- Recreational and leisure programming
- Daily room cleaning, and weekly-intensive room cleaning, which includes completion of laundry and bedding cleaning
- Assistance with obtaining and maintaining financial assistance
Illness Management and Recovery are available to HCBS-CRS residents through Horizon Homes’ ARMHS program; and also, Mobile Crisis and 24- Hour Crisis/Warm Line are available to residents through Horizon Homes’ South Central Crisis Center.
HCBS-CRS consists of four facilities, each housing four residents in their own, private bedroom. Prospective clients need to be on a community-based waiver (i.e., CADI or TBl).
Referrals are typically made by adult mental health case managers or other providers, however, individuals seeking more information are welcome to contact the HCBS-CRS directly.
For more information about HCBS-CRS or to make a referral contact:
Tim Pribyl, BLSS & HCBS-CRS Treatment Director
If you are experiencing a
life threatening emergency,
please call 911 or seek
HCBS Facilities · Mankato, MN
The HCBS-CRS programs are operated by Horizon Homes, Inc., a well-established local provider of adult mental health services, including housing, treatment, and rehabilitation options.