Horizon Homes, Inc. Home & Community Based Settings and Board and Lodge with Special Services programs are seeking direct care staff to work with individuals with mental illness in residential settings. Interested applicants must have a minimum of a high school diploma, be at least 18 years of age, have a valid driver’s license with proof of insurance, and pass a background study. Experience is preferred.
Interested candidates please call Tim Pribyl 507 344-3360 M-F 8AM – 4PM
Mental Health Practitioner with the ARMHS program
Horizon Homes has a part-time opening for a mental health practitioner in Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services (ARMHS). This program provides psychosocial rehabilitation and skill building to adults with mental health barriers. Practitioner will be responsible for their own caseload under supervision of clinical/administrative team. Client appointments are typically Monday- Friday, though occasional holidays and weekends may be necessary.
The eligible individual must meet the Mental Health Practitioner statute requirements put forth by DHS as follows:
Mental Health Practitioner
1. Has at least 4,000 hours of supervised experience in the delivery of services to adults with mental illness, or;
2. Must have a bachelor’s degree in a behavioral science or related field and 2000 hours of supervised mental health experience, or;
3. Must have a bachelor’s degree in a behavioral science or related field and an internship or practicum working with adults experiencing a mental illness, or;
4. Must have a master’s degree in a mental health related field
* Ability to work independently
* Ability to use sound decision-making skills
* 2 years of mental health experience
* Skills in assessment and documentation (treatment planning, functional assessments, etc.)
* Time management and organizational skills are crucial to this position
Please direct Resumes or Questions to Dylan Sobota Email: Dylan.Sobota@HorizonHomes.org
Mental Health Practitioners
Horizon Homes, Inc. has part-time and full time openings for a Mental Health Practitioner. Hours may vary depending upon the program hired for as well as availability. Employees work in a team setting, assisting with clients’ needs and addressing any situations that may arise. Services provided may include complete mental health assessments, crisis intervention, provide intervention skills to assist clients in working through a crisis situation, providing individual education related to mental health, fostering a safe environment, and communicating with the on-call Mental Health Professional as needed.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Must have 4000 hours of supervised mental health experience, or;
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in a behavioral science and 2000 hours of supervised mental health experience, or;
- Must have a master’s degree in mental health to qualify for Mental Health Practitioner status
Interested candidates please email Michele Koppinger, Director of Resource Management at email@example.com