Residential Crisis Stabilization
SOUTH CENTRAL CRISIS CENTER (SCCC)
The South Central Crisis Center provides a safe and caring place to stay for individuals that are experiencing a mental health or emotional crisis.
Examples of this may be:
- Feelings of stress or being overwhelmed
- Plans or thoughts of hurting yourself or others
- Change in ability to carry out daily activities or responsibilities
- Increase or change in symptoms that may include low or elevated mood, anxiety, or panic attacks, hallucinations or delusions
- Need for a safe, supervised setting while undergoing medication adjustments ordered by the doctor.
Residential Crisis Stabilization Services Offered
Our typical stay lasts anywhere from one to five days which provides individuals with the time they need to work through their crisis.
Residential services include:
- Crisis assessment and intervention
- Short-term problem solving and counseling
- Medication education and monitoring
- Symptom management and relapse prevention
- Family education and support
- 24-Hour Crisis/Warm Line
The South Central Crisis Center also offers a 24/7 warm/crisis line that individuals can call for crisis support, information, and problem solving. The crisis line is available to all residents of the region.
The SCCC provides services in the following counties:
Blue Earth, Brown, Faribault, Freeborn, Le Sueur, Martin, Nicollet, Rice, Sibley, and Watonwan.
Take a tour…
Click here to visit the tour page for the South Central Crisis Center building.
Location: 2100 Bassett Drive, Mankato, MN 56001
If you are experiencing a
life threatening emergency,
please call 911 or seek
The regional Crisis Center is operated by Horizon Homes, Inc., a well-established local provider of adult mental health services, including housing, treatment, and rehabilitation options. This is possible through a partnership between Horizon Homes, Inc., the South Central Community Based Initiative, and the Department of Human Services.