Intensive Residential Treatment Services
INTENSIVE RESIDENTIAL TREATMENT SERVICES (IRTS)
Horizon Homes Intensive Residential Treatment Services (IRTS) is a 15-bed facility that provides residential services to men and women who need mental health services and support.
The Residential Services Provides:
- Intensive treatment for individuals with severe and persistent mental illness
- Assess and serve individuals with dual-diagnosis
- Short term programming including coordinated after care planning and transition to most appropriate setting
The overall goal of an IRTS placement is to help individuals further develop skills to allow them to transition to a less restrictive setting such as adult foster care, board and lodge or independent living.
The residential services include:
- Medication monitoring, management, and education
- Symptom management
- Relapse prevention that includes the development of a crisis prevention plan
- Coordination of needed mental health services
- Family Education
- Group and individual format utilized
- Dual Recovery
Referrals are typically made by adult mental health case managers or other providers, however, individuals seeking more information are welcome to contact the IRTS directly.
To learn more about IRTS or make a referral:
Contact Abby Barlament, IRTS Treatment Director
825 South Front St, Mankato, MN 56001
If you are experiencing a
life threatening emergency,
please call 911 or seek
The IRTS program is operated by Horizon Homes, Inc., a well-established local provider of adult mental health services, including housing, treatment, and rehabilitation options.